In this past week, I changed my research filed and decided to focus on How social fitness apps impact young people's (21-30) workout activities. The reason why I changed my research to fitness apps is that I think the implication of the exploratory research is more related to everyone's life and health.
As people get more and more conscious about their health issue, apps and wearables have been developed for tracking workout data. When users get the data in a nice presentation, the idea of sharing them get generated organically. Just like sharing other kind of information, we want present our identity, value, self-fulfillment, etc. And one possible extra bonus, we can motivate other people to join us to workout. When we see other friends are all doing certain things, the extrinsic motivation triggers us to join them, and hopefully it can be transformed to be an intrinsic motivation and help people to build up the habit of doing exercise.
I think it would be very interesting to find out how exactly social fitness apps can impact our workout activities. Does them motivate us? How long does the positive effect can last? What kind of research has been done in this field? etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment